- COMPANY SITES INFORMATION
1.1. The Information Company Collects from Company Sites
- User-Provided Information: When you register as a User through a Company Site, you provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to Company. In addition, additional personal information may be collected by Company when you send e-mails or other messages to Company, and when you participate in various activities on the Company Sites such as posting messages in our forums or in the comments section, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists. Company does not otherwise collect personally identifiable information about Users.
- Cookies Information: When you visit the Company Sites, we may send one or more cookies – a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters – to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser. Company uses both session cookies and persistent cookies. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the Company Sites may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
- Log File Information: When you use the Company Sites, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol (”IP“) address, browser type, browser language, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- Clear GIFs Information: When you use the Company Sites, we may employ “clear GIFs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
1.2. The Way Company Uses Information Collected Via Company Sites
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Company Sites, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Company Sites.
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Company Sites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
- If your computer or mobile device sends a “Do Not Track” signal to the Company Sites, the Company Sites WILL NOT treat you differently from users who do not send such signals. Information about third party tracking activities and their response to “Do Not Track” signals is available below in Section 1.5 (titled “Third Party Advertisers”).
- With your permission, we may also use your specific success stories as advertising and promotional material to illustrate the efficacy of the Company Sites. We will contact you directly prior to using your information for this or any similar purpose.
1.3. When Company Discloses Information
- We may provide personally identifiable information and non-personally-identifiable information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other businesses or persons for the purpose of processing such information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information solely on our behalf, and we use reasonable efforts to limit their use of such information and to use other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We may share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the Company Sites.
- We may share personally identifiable information and non-personally-identifiable information with a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our Platform users is among the assets transferred.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state, federal and international laws or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information and non-personally-identifiable information to fulfill any purpose for which you provide it, for any other purpose disclosed by Company when you provide the information, or for any other purpose with your consent.
1.4. Your Choices About Privacy
- You may decline to submit personally identifiable information through the Company Sites, in which case Company may not be able to provide certain services to you. You may update or correct your account information at any time by visiting your account page. You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy and completeness of your personal and other information. If you would like to review your personal information, or if you believe that any of your information is incorrect, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Statement, simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You may opt out of certain e-mail contact (such as promotional or advertising e-mails) from us or our authorized affiliates or you may opt out of all e-mail contact from us or our authorized affiliates by clicking on the applicable links at the bottom of any e-mail communication you receive from us and following the prompts to adjust your e-mail preferences. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions via the Company Sites.
- To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
1.5. Third-party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites
- Company does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks Company to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, women ages 18-24) or audience segment and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of the Company Sites, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
- SELLER SITES INFORMATION
2.1. If you are a Seller’s Customer, you acknowledge that, by hosting the Seller Sites and providing certain services to Sellers in connection with maintaining the Seller Sites (such as assistance with customer service and technical support requests), Company may come into possession of certain information (including personal information) about you. Such information includes only the information you voluntarily provide when registering for the Seller’s Site, aggregated (not individually-identifiable) information about site traffic and customers’ usage patterns and information you voluntarily provide to customer service representatives when seeking customer service and technical support in connection with your use of a Seller’s Site.
2.2. The Company or its authorized affiliates will use and disclose this information only for the purpose of (1) providing to you the customer service and technical support that you request, (2) analyzing the performance of and making improvements to Seller Sites provided by BidNTime, and (3) sending you promotional e-mails about upcoming, future auctions or other BidNTime services that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of such promotional e-mail communications from us or our authorized affiliates by clicking on the applicable links at the bottom of any e-mail communication you receive from us or our authorized affiliates and following the prompts to adjust your e-mail preferences. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions via the Company Sites.
2.3. A Seller’s Site may contain third party advertisements and therefore the information in Section 1.5 above may apply to you.
- OUR COMMITMENT TO DATA SECURITY
3.1. Company uses commercially reasonable security devices to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to Company and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, Company makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our security safeguards.
3.2. If Company learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. Company may post a notice on the Company Sites or the Seller Sites if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
- OUR COMMITMENT TO CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, Company does not knowingly collect or maintain information on the Company Sites or the Seller Sites from persons under 13 years of age, and no part of our website is directed to persons under 13 or even 18 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, then please do not use or access the Company Sites or the Seller Sites at any time or in any manner. If Company learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 13 years of age has been collected on the Company Sites or the Seller Sites without verified parental consent, then Company will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
- SPECIAL NOTE TO INTERNATIONAL USERS
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Platform that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. Please note that we do not currently make disclosures of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes.
- IN THE EVENT OF MERGER, SALE, OR BANKRUPTCY
In the event that all or part of Company is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, you agree that we may, in any of these circumstances, transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors’ rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
- DATE LAST MODIFIED
- CONTACT INFORMATION